Speech Understanding and Noise Management:
- Oticon Opn hearing aids do use Directionality judiciously... in addition to their Noise Reduction in 360 degrees. Oticon's Open Sound Navigator analyzes the incoming sound100 times per second to remove the noise from 64 channels in the Opn 1 and 48 channels in the Opn 2 & 3. The noise reduction and directionality are good on the Opn 3, better on the Opn 2, and best on the Opn 1. The "maximum noise removal" is greatest in the Opn 1; moderate in the Opn 2, and milder in the Opn 3.
- Spatial Sound
helps to better localize incoming sounds and works well in the Opn 3, better on the Opn 2, and best on the Opn 1.
- Speech Guard
preserves the dynamics of speech and is good on the Opn 3, better on the Opn 2, and best on the Opn 1. ("Dynamics" refers to the intensity differences between the speech sounds).
Programming Opn 1, Opn 2, and Opn 3:
- The Opn 1 has 16 adjustable frequency bands for programming the hearing aid to the frequency contour of each hearing loss. More bands enables a more precise fitting.
- The Opn 2 has 14 adjustable bands.
- The Opn 3 has 12 adjustable bands.
- Each of these models allow for programming 4 separate programs that can be easily accessed with the "on-board' push button or the iPhone App.
Wireless Streaming with Opn 1, 2, & 3:
- Patients who use iPhones (and iPads) love these hearing aids because they do not require a "Bluetooth interface" (Streamer or ComPilot) to wirelessly connect them. This is available in the Opn 1, 2, & 3.
- A Bluetooth Steamer will be available for Android devices in late 2017 (Connect Clip).
- Oticon has designed a small "Made for iPhone" hearing aid with the small 312 battery and it still has excellent battery life.
- Currently Oticon Opn's are the only "2 antenna" hearing aids available today.
the Opn utilize the 2.4 GHz frequency for communication with iPhones, iPads, and iTouch devices. The other antenna (NFMI) enables wireles connectivity between the hearing aids for coordinated processing and allows connection to you television using a TV Streamer. A Mic Clip will be released in the Spring of 2017 that will allow wireless Android connectivity and may also be able to be used as a remote mic.
Above: Ear to Ear connectivity using NFMI